DRIVING PAYS 1000$ Challenge Rules
1. The Driving Pays 1000$ Challenge (hereafter the ''Contest'') is organized by Driving Pays Inc. (hereafter ''Driving Pays'') in the form of a ''scavenger hunt'' and is open to all residents of Ontario over the age of 18 as of the date of entering the Contest excluding employees of Driving Pays, affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, volunteers, contest judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
2. The Contest Period starts at 12:01 a.m. on July 1, 2011 and continues until 11:59 p.m. on August 31, 2011, the ''Contest Closing Date'' or until a winner is found, whichever date is earliest. All times are Eastern times (Daylight Saving or Standard as applicable). No purchase necessary.
3. How to play:
a) Go to www.drivingpays.com/1000challenge.php
b) Together with your first name, last name and email address, submit at least 1 valid unique code phrase in the form provided. Once you have submitted a code phrase, it will be reviewed and you will be notified if are deemed to have ''claimed'' the code. You are only deemed to have''claimed'' the code if you have been notified.
c) You must claim a total of 5 unique, valid codes in order to win the prize.
d) You must fill out the form and submit each new code separately.
4. Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter the Contest more than once, or any use of robotic, automated or programmed or any methods not authorized by these Contest Rules will be deemed in violation of these rules and will void all of your contest entries and all your instant prizes.
5. Prizes: By participating in the Contest, entrants are eligible to win one (1) prize of one thousand (1000) Dollars.
6. Eligible entrants are notified once they have claimed their 5th unique code phrase and must immediately complete all the necessary steps by following the provided instructions to claim their prize. To be declared a winner, all entrants must satisfy the following requirements: correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question administrated following the successful claim of the 5th unique code; submit the slogan on the Driving Pays Madd Canada advertisement; complete as instructed all steps to claim the prize; and sign and return, if applicable, the Release of Liability and Acknowledgement. Failure of which the entrants will be considered having declined their prize and will not be able to retrieve or claim the prize at a later date. The judges' decisions are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
7. Verification of Entries: The validity of any Contest entry is subject to verification by the Driving Pays. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be disqualified. Any entrant or other individual who enters or attempts to enter the Contest in a manner which is contrary to these official Contest Rules or which is otherwise disruptive to the proper operation of the Contest or by its nature is unjust to other entrants or potential entrants will be disqualified. All decisions made by Driving Pays or its representatives, including without limitation those concerning the eligibility or disqualification of entrants, are final and binding without right of appeal.
8. Odds of winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received during the Contest Period. If the number of prize winners is greater than the number of prizes stipulated in the present rules, Driving Pays reserves the right to terminate all prize distribution, in whole or in part, without prior notice. Prizes that have not been awarded or claimed over the course of the Contest may be awarded in a random drawing from all entries received by the Contest Closing Date, at Driving Pay's sole discretion. Driving Pays shall have no obligation to award any prize which will not have been awarded through the Contest or claimed by potential winner and will not be required to award more prizes than the number of prizes described in the present rules.
9. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred or exchanged. Driving Pays reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
10. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or voice, statements, any photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes carried out by Driving Pays and/or its advertising agencies in any medium or format without further notice or compensation.
11. No communications or correspondence will be entered into with entrants except:
as per provisions 3(b) and 6.
To receive a copy of the list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than the Contest Closing Date to: DRIVING PAYS 1000$ Challenge, 452 Autumn Hill Blvd. L4J 8X1, Toronto, Ontario.
12. Driving Pays assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Driving Pays is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
14. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless Driving Pays, its advertising and promotional agencies and the Contest judges, their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, distributors, representatives, successors and assignees (collectively the ''releasees'') from any liability in connection with this Contest or, in the case of the winning entrant, the prize.
15. The Contest will be run in accordance with these rules. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein, except as stipulated in these rules.
16. Driving Pays assumes no responsibility for failure of the Internet or the Web site during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, online computer systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail system, failure in transmitting the survey or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer or handset resulting from taking part in the Contest. Driving Pays reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any Web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Driving Pays reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
17. Identity of the Entrant: For the purposes of these rules, the entrant is the person who is the holder of the email account submitted in the entry form. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of an online entry will be the Contest server machine(s).
18. If any part of the Contest Rules is unenforceable, the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.